Make the most of any space in your home. Here are decorating ideas and creative tips that will help you maximize every square inch.
1. Hang Those Drapes High - An easy way to make ceilings look higher is to place the drapery rod close to the ceiling and extend the rod at least 4 inches on either side of the window. When you hang drapes this way the window appears wider, more light gets in and the room looks larger.
2. Buy Multi-functional Furniture - Beds, sofas, chairs & tables now come with built in compartments and smart spaces to tuck away your items. Invest in multi-functional furniture pieces that match your style and give you the added benefit of extra storage.
3. Add Space with Mirrors - It sounds unusual but surrounding yourself with mirrors creates the illusion of more room by reflecting more light. Look for mirrors with unique shapes and frames. Unleash your inner designer and create a gallery wall. You’ll be amazed at the results.
4. Turn A Closet into A Showpiece - Place closets in plain view but add a twist. Stack vintage luggage in a hallway against a wall. This unique closet idea will not only become a conversation piece but will provide "drawers" of extra storage for you to utilize.
5. Embrace Soft, Continues Color - Light, neutral colors running through smaller areas can make rooms look less choppy. The key is to keep it simple. Pick one or two colors and make sure they blend from room to room. A continuous neutral palette also serves as a great backdrop for wall art.
Credits: Ideas Originally from CountryLiving.com.