It’s easy to create an adorable and delicious Easter centerpiece using this Floppy Ears Bunny Cake design. Simply, use 2 — 6 inch round cakes and stack them on top of each other to build the base of the bunny cake. Ice, and get started decorating.
- 6 1/2 cups cake batter
- 1 1/2 ounce used Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- 1 1/2 ounce used White Decorator Preferred Fondant
- Buttercream icing
- Black Icing Color:
- Cornflower Blue Icing Color:
- White-White Icing Color:
- Pure Lemon Extract:
1.Make ears 2 days in advance. Knead gum paste into fondant. Divide mixture in half. Use hands to flatten and shape into ears, approximately 5 in. long x 2 in. wide at the widest end, about 3/8 in. thick. Use fingers to form a center of ears, rounding edges; bend over the top of one ear. Insert a lollipop stick into bottom of each ear, extending 4 in. at the bottom to insert into cake. Let dry 2 days.
2. Make cake and mini cupcake: Prepare cake batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool two 6 in. cake layers and one mini cupcake.
Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint a small portion of icing black and set aside. Level, fill and stack cake for a 2-layer cake, 5 inch high.
Use spatula and white icing to ice cake smooth and mini cupcake fluffy. Attach cupcake to cake for the tail.
3. Paint ears. Mix cornflower blue and white-white icing colors with lemon extract. Use a brush to paint inside ears with the mixture. Let dry, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Decorate cakes. Use tip 4, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe dot eyes. Use tip 1, a cut disposable decorating bag and black icing to over pipe cross stitch shapes on eyes for a cross-stitched look and pipe cross stitch shapes for the nose. Insert ears as cake top.